“Cookie” means a small file placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site;
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“Personal Data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“We/Us/Our” means ExtraMile Communications Ltd. trading as Extramile Digital Ltd., a limited company registered in England under company number 7280173, whose registered address is Stone Business Park, Kern House, Stone, ST15 0TL, and whose main trading address is Stone Business Park, Kern House, Stone, ST15 0TL.
Our site is owned and operated by ExtraMile Communications Ltd. trading as Extramile Digital Ltd., a limited company registered in England under company number 7280173, whose registered address is Kern House, Brooms Road, Stone Business Park, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0TL.
Our VAT number is GB 733 6732 28.
Our Data Protection Officer is Nancy Powell, and can be contacted by email at [email protected], by telephone on 01785 850774, or by post at Kern House, Brooms Road, Stone Business Park, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0TL.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Business/company name;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to.
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- Supplying our products AND/OR services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products AND/OR services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by selecting the unsubscribe option or changing your preferences through the preferences link within our emails;
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of our site to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone with information, news and offers on our products AND/OR services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- For purposes of email newsletter communication, we shall keep your data for as long as you continue to subscribe to our newsletter;
- For purposes of managing your business relationship with us, we shall retain your data for as long as you remain a client and thereafter, for as long as the law requires us to retain records for accounting and taxation purposes, or to provide support to you or your business in the period thereafter;
- For any other data that we collect relating to you, we shall review its relevance on an annual basis and remove your records when no use has been made of those data for a year or more.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to us. If we do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under GDPR.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Steps we take to secure and protect your data include:
- Providers of server space have no access to the data stored on their servers;
- All data is encrypted for security purposes;
- We take all reasonable precautions to protect your data from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
Subject to the following we will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes. We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where we transfer any personal data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under GDPR.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
You may access our site without providing any data at all.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at [email protected], or using the contact details below.